Please read the following information carefully before using this Site.
“Personally Identifiable Information” is any information that we could use to identify an individual, including, for example, their name, address, geographic location of their computer or mobile device, telephone number, credit card number, email address and bank account information. It does not include Personally Identifiable Information that is encoded or anonymized (such as through encryption or hashing), or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public information.
How is personal information being collected?
- You may choose to contact us through the Site to receive more information about our services. To do so, we ask for Your full name and email address, and we collect and store such information if You choose to provide it. Contacting us is voluntary, and we send emails only to those who first contact us.
- In order to improve our services and learn about how users interact with our Site, we may automatically collect information such as Your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when You use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), and/or a date/time stamp for Your visit. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and stored in log files. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while You are viewing a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire when You close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on Your computer until You delete them).
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if You prefer, You can change Your browser settings to prevent that or to notify You each time a cookie is set. Please note however that by blocking or deleting cookies, You may not be able to take full advantage of our Site.
How will your personal information be used?
Here are some of the ways we may use Personally Identifiable Information You provide us:
- To communicate with You about our products, services and related issues;
- To evaluate the quality of our products and services;
- To enhance Your experience on our Site;
If we do send You information that you did not expressly request, we will provide You with a way to request that You don’t get any similar notices.
How will your personal information be stored?
Personally Identifiable Information that we collect typically resides on servers maintained with our hosting provider, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”). Any Personally Identifiable Information hosted in our cloud solution is encrypted at rest.
Will your personal information be shared with others?
We disclose such information to our employees, contractors or affiliates that (i) need to know that information in order to process it for us, and (ii) have agreed in writing to afford it the requisite confidential treatment. We will also disclose such information where we are required to do so by law, or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property, rights or those of third parties or the public at large.
It is possible that we may, on occasion, buy or sell assets from or to other companies. If that should occur, user information is likely to be one of the assets transferred and we reserve our right to do so.
Are there security measures protecting your personal information?
Security of Your Personally Identifiable Information is a cornerstone of our business and we are utmost dedicated to defending that information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction. In addition to assuring You that we will protect Your Personally Identifiable Information, we also take reasonable precautions to make sure that any such information in our possession is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up-to-date. All records containing Personally Identifiable Information are afforded confidential treatment at all times. All such electronic information is stored on restricted database servers and is generally kept until such time as You may ask us to edit or delete it, as described below.
We have a separate policy for the purpose of explicitly outlining our commitment to information security. For more information, or to request an edit or deletion to Your records, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will your personal information be kept by the company?
We generally maintain Your Personally Identifiable Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the intended purpose behind the original collection, or until You ask us to delete it. We will comply with all reasonable instructions from You to correct, amend or delete Your information, or to provide You access to Your information.
Children’s Privacy. Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule ("COPPA") imposes certain requirements on operators of websites or online services directed to children under 13 years of age, and on operators of other websites or online services that have actual knowledge that they are collecting personal information online from a child under 13 years of age.
This Site does not collect any Personally Identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected information about a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete it.
By using the Site and any of its Platforms, You represent and warrant that You are at least 16 years of age; and no one under the age of 16 may use the Site, create a Subscriber Login, or access the Software Product(s).
- This Site is in full compliance with CalOPPA.
- California Do Not Track Disclosure. As part of CalOPPA (amended in 2013 by Assembly Bill 370), operators of websites and online services that collect personally identifiable information about consumers are required to explain their Do Not Track (DNT) policies and procedures.
- This Site does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to DNT signals.
- California Shine the Light Law. California “Shine the Light” Law addresses the practice of sharing customer personal information with other companies for their direct marketing use within the immediately preceding calendar year, and defines "customer" as an individual who is a resident of California who provides personal information to a business during the creation of, or throughout the duration of, an established business relationship if the business relationship is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes.
- This Site does not share personal information for direct marketing purposes as defined under the law.
Business to Business Data. In addition to information collected when you access the Site, Demyst receives information from and handles information on behalf of a wide variety of business companies, data compilers, and suppliers. The information contained therein - and its use, storage, destruction, and access by third parties - are governed by separate agreements, but in all cases, the information is afforded commercially reasonable protection from unauthorized disclosure to third parties using industry-standard safeguards.
Employees’ & Prospective Employees’ Information. This section covers any ways in which Personally Identifiable Information we collect from employees or applicants might be treated differently than user information. The following is a non-exclusive list of ways that we may use information provided to us by employees or applicants:
- Responding to inquiries in connection with prospective employment at Demyst, and processing employment applications;
- Carrying out human resources functions like training, career / succession planning, administering contracts, evaluating employees, and providing benefits;
- Enabling Demyst and its employees to contact each other by telephone, fax, e-mail, or “snail mail”;
- Administering compensation, bonus and other employment needs;
- Arranging employees’ travel plans;
- Maintaining building security and employee health and safety;
- Running internal administrative analytics, such as staffing, headcount and statistics initiatives;
- Complying with our legal obligations, policies and procedures; and
- Transferring Personally Identifiable Information to others as required by our legal, regulatory, compliance and auditing needs.
How can you contact the company?
Written Inquiries can be sent to:
Attn: Legal Department
28 West 25th Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10010
Last Modified: February 22, 2018